Faith Over Fear

 


Encouragement for Confronting Anxiety and Stepping Boldly into Trust

Come to Me, dear one. Right now, exactly as you are.

Not when you have it all figured out. Not when the trembling stops or the "what ifs" go quiet. Come to Me now, in the middle of the shaking.

I see the weight you have been carrying. That knot in your chest that wakes you at 3am. The worry you have rehearsed so many times it feels like a script. The fear that whispers you are not strong enough, not ready enough, not enough. I hear all of it, and I want you to know something gently but clearly: that voice is not Mine.

My voice sounds like peace. It sounds like come. It sounds like I've got you.

Fear is loud. It is dramatic and insistent, always pointing to worst-case endings and worst-case versions of yourself. But I am asking you to do something that feels small and is actually enormous: choose to trust Me before you feel ready. Trust is not the absence of fear. Trust is taking the next step while the fear is still in the room.

Think about Peter stepping out of that boat. The wind was real. The waves were real. His fear was absolutely real. But so was My hand reaching out to catch him. The miracle was not that the sea went calm before he stepped out. The miracle was that he stepped.

That is what I am asking of you today.

You do not need certainty to move forward. You need Me. And I am already here, already ahead of you, already holding the outcome you cannot see from where you are standing. Your job is not to manage every detail or predict every outcome. Your job is simply to keep your eyes on My face and put one foot in front of the other.

Anxiety shrinks your world down to a small, tight, airless place. Trust opens it wide. When you lean into Me, really lean, something begins to shift. Not because your circumstances change immediately, but because you change. You start to remember who you are: held, loved, called, and carried. You start to breathe again.

Here is what I want you to do right now. Take a breath. A real one. Now release not just the air but the grip you have had on whatever you have been so desperately trying to control. Open your hands. That posture, that small physical act of letting go, is the beginning of faith in motion.

I have walked people through wilderness seasons, through waiting rooms, through the valley of the shadow. Every single one of them found that I was faithful. Not that the road was easy. Not that the fear never came back. But that I never left.

I will not leave you either.

You are braver than you feel today. Not because of anything inside you that you have manufactured, but because My Spirit lives in you and that Spirit is not one of fear. It is power. It is love. It is a sound, settled mind. That is your inheritance. Claim it.

The path forward is not a path without fear. It is a path walked with Me, where fear loses its grip one trusting step at a time.

So take the step, dear one. I am right here.

Bold trust begins not when the storm is over, but when you reach for My hand in the middle of it.


"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV)


Posted with love on RLF Faith Space

Comments